Here are some handy things to know about The Elkhart County Seek.
The Elkhart County Seek is an adventure real life game, a treasure hunt where teams will be given a story and clues that will lead them to a treasure hidden in Elkhart County. There will be $1000 cash prizes. The first team to discover the treasure will be rewarded with a cash prize. ALL teams that finish the hunt will be entered into a drawing for a cash prize.
Teams can be up to 6 people – transportation is required for the hunt and teams must travel together meaning the size of your team will be limited to the size of your vehicle. If your vehicle only holds four then your team should only have 4 people on it.
Any age can participate but Minors must be accompanied by an adult licensed driver.
On 9-22-18 teams will be given clues and maps for several locations in Elkhart County, each location will have puzzles and mysteries to solve, plus adventures that must be completed to move on to the next area. Teams will need to have a smart phone with data (or access to a computer and printer). Although teams may start at any time the day of the hunt, the clues will be released at 9am on September 22. The hunt may take the entire day to complete or may take some teams 3 to 4 hours to complete.
• Admission is Free – there is no cost to participate- (yes you read that right).
• Participants will be responsible for organizing their own teams that can ride safely in one vehicle (up to 6). Solo seekers are also allowed.
• Teams may choose from starting locations, all teams will complete the same challenges in all areas and end in the same location.
• Any codebreaker, detective, investigator, searcher, or historian of good will is invited to enter. Participation is not limited by age, residency or prior knowledge.
• A limited number of teams may participate in this challenge, so reserve your spot early. The first 100 participants will make up the inner circle of seekers.
• 24 hours before the event you will receive instructions, on Saturday at 9am you will receive the first challenge.
• Teams will be required to drive to different areas of Elkhart County to solve the mysteries. Teams may move at their own pace, depending on how competitive they wish to be.
• Teams will have until 8pm to finish the treasure hunt. Although many will finish before that and some may not finish at all.
• The immersive story, mystery, and challenges are designed for entertainment and enjoyment of those who long for adventure.
• Good luck, and may the treasure of Elkhart county be discovered!
There will be clues, mini hunts and story information released from now until Hunt Day – September 22, 2018 when I will release the final hunt!